Dr Michel Plaisent is a full professor in the Business School of University of Québec in Montréal. After his M.Sc. in project management and his Ph.D. in Information Technology Management, he joined the University of Québec in Montréal in 1980 where he held different position while developing his research career as professor, namely IT program director for 6 years.
His doctoral research was pioneer as he studied the use of computer mediated communication systems by CEO. Since then, Dr. Plaisent's researches continue to focus human factors of IT, namely cognitive ergonomics, learning problems and personal productivity tools for managers. Among his main research is the use of social media by Canadian charities to create and maintain a community of practice in the philanthropy sector.
He has published more than 25 books and have publish more than hundreds of articles in academic journals and international conferences. On International dimension, he is engaged in China MBA program and he manages a MOU with Cebu Normal University and soon Cebu Technological University.
Partenaires (organismes, entreprises)
- philanthropie-quebec.com (philanthropie-canada.ca)
- university consortium of americas
- université de montpellier, University Casa Grande of Ecuador, Kasetsart University KIMBA internatioanal program. Cebu normal university. system Plus foundation College
Affiliations externes principales
- one world research group
- Introd.aux statistiques & a la prise de decision (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Statistiques et prise de decision (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Formation en gestion hors quebec (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Projet a l'international (2018, 2019)
- Systemes d'information en gestion des res.humaines (2020)
1) Development and Management of MOU with
Thailand: Kasetsart University (2009-now)
Philippines: Cebu Normal university (2014-now)
Philippines:Cebut Technological University (in progress)
2)Creation, development and funding of ONE WORLD RESEARCH GROUP (Thailand, Vietnam, Ecuador, Canada, France,Tunisia)
3) PHILANTHROPIE-QUEBEC: president (volunteer, 2013-now)